What type of paints can be used to cover glass entrance door

WilliamV SmithDeb K
+4

My entrance door has had an oval shape decorative glass on the top half.

Janet Pizaro

why not just use privacy film
    • Jay
      Jay

I tried that twice, but because I guess the heat in the south it just peeled off after a few months. And it was hard to measure the edges. Was looking for a permanent solution. Thanks
  • Jan Clark
    Jan Clark

Acrylic paint will cover glass with a nice primer coat first. But why paint? If you're looking for something opaque, there are a number of designs of plastic stick-on sheets that will do the trick. Check the big box homestore web sites to see what I'm talking about. They come in a bunch of colors and designs.
  • Linda
    Linda

There are films that can be applied to glass to add pattern while making it opaque Available in Amazon. A link attached with paint for glass. You can create a pattern or simulate stained glass if you are inclined to use your artistic talents. Hope this helps.
  • Deb K
    Deb K

Hi, since peel and sticks don't stay put, why not try doing a stencil and using a glass etching kit to fix it up nice, you can buy stencils or rely on you own design! https://www.amazon.ca/Silhouette-Glass-Etching-Starter-Kit/dp/B00EB0B900/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526487254&sr=8-1&keywords=glass+etching+starter+kit
  • V Smith
    V Smith

If you want the light but need more privacy you can cover it in clear Gallery Glass. On a vertical surface I put it on in thin coats using the nozzel of the bottle it create a texture. The line also offers different colors as well as pre-made "lead" lines if you wanted to create a leaded glass look. Gallery Glass is very easy to remove if you change you mind.
    William

You can buy frosted spray paint. Just tape off the door. Would just scrape off with a razor blade in the future.