Tia577310
Tia577310
  • Las Vegas, NV
Asked on Jun 24, 2018

How to repair a crack in my firepit?

WilliamRachel's Trash~2~TreasuresSara Laya

My fire pit has a crack from side to side on the table top portion. The crack meets evenly with a small gap. Someone had tried to repair it using some sort of glue product. I was considering putting tile or stones over it but don’t have a clue how to seal the crack so it won’t break again. Help please. Thank you
q my fire pit has a crack from side to side on the table top portion
  • Hi Tia, there are products out there to seal cracks in concrete. I hate to break it to you, but concrete and heat do not mix. Concrete is porous and it gets water way down inside of it. When it gets hot, the water expands (steam) causing the concrete to crack. I would fix the crack, skim coat the whole thing, so as not to see the repair, then use a concrete sealant over the whole thing. That will buy you some time, but I can't really say for sure how much. It could still last you for many years to come as long as it's sealed properly

Just fill the crack with the Quickcrete Concrete filler. Resurfacer won't work. It's made to resurface concrete pads and drives. Won't take the stress and heat.