Cindy
Cindy
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Murfreesboro, TN

What can i do to decorate these spindles in dining room

Swan Road DesignsShore grandmomBoh33773891
+7

They are at the end of dining room/ kitchen. I just dont know.im going to paint the wall but the trim is white.

Any help appreciated😊

q what can i do to decorate these spindles in dining room

• Brenda Brandt Deason

Those remind me of my grandmother's home! They are already a decorative element, so if you paint them to match the trim, or in a contrasting color, they don't really need anything else. The reason they are there is to be able to see through the wall, so you don't really want to block the line of sight further. I seem to remember my grandma wrapping greenery at the base of them for Christmas, though.

• Cindy

Thanks soo much Brenda, I'll remember

That at christmas time. Were just debating on taking that part of the wall out, to open up futher into den.

Why grown son says burn them lol,

grandchildren like them😊ty again for your answer.

• Ann Cherkas Halstead

I would remove them. Shelves would be nice in that space.
    • Cindy

Very true,got alot to think about with all these great ideas😉 much thanks
  • Cindy

Ann thanks for your imput, thinking seriously of doing just that.

• Boh33773891

Buy A few strands of ivy at the craft store and wrap them around the spindles. either use a glue gun or a staple gun to fasten them. The look is very botanical like..
    • Cindy

Thats a great idea, i didnt think about doing that except for garland at christmas😊thank you so much!!
  • Shore grandmom

You could remove the spindles, but before removing the wall you have to make sure that it isn't load bearing. A building contractor or structural engineer will be able to help you with that.

• Cindy

Yes it would be a much harder feat ty so much for answering😉
  • Swan Road Designs

It appears that they are probably not load-bearing given that there seems to be a door frame at the left. If the opening in which they stand is less than 16 inches wide, you should have no problem removing them.

I'd remove them and hang a piece of stained glass in the space. Putting shelves only invites another place to dust. Leave it as blank as you can, save for a lovely piece of clear/stained glass artwork hanging there.