Linda0374
Linda0374
  • Las Vegas, NV

Should I paint or not?

Chubby58JudyHShore grandmom
+4

I have painted on the brick look on my backsplash and added shiplap and trim to my island. My question is should I paint the rest of the island white and leave the rest of the cabinets as they are, I always see a darker island but never a white island with darker cabinets.

q should i paint or not
q should i paint or not
  • Gk

It's not unusual these days to have an island a different color than the cabinets. White might be a little stark in this room so you may want to find a white paint that's not such a bright white. Old White by Annie Sloan is an example. It's white but not a overpowering bright white that sticks out too much. Or you might want to pick another fun color! Maybe you can pick out a color from a fleck in your counter top. Looks multi colored to me but it's hard to tell without a close up picture. Love the way the ship lap looks on the island!!
  • My vote is for a buttery cream color. White will be too stark in combination with all the wood tones.
  • Shore grandmom

I would leave it as is, you have so many colors and textures already.
  • JudyH

I think a dry brush whitewash technique would look great using a flat, slightly gray-undertone white, not bright white or shiny enamel. Let the grain of the shiplap wood show through!

• Chubby58

I would leave it just like it is. It's beautiful. You did a great job!