What type of furniture is this?

+12
This piece has 2 fold down wings. One side of the drawers has drawers the other side is like a cabinet. I'm almost finished with the piece but I am not sure how to use it. I scored it for $10 and the revamp cost less than $10. Help I need to put this thing to good use! Side note: cast iron hardware is coming soon. Help!?!?!
what type of furniture is this, painted furniture
  • Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jun 12, 2014
    This looks like one of those 70s-80s piece that was made for a buffet...small for a small room but with extensions that could be put into use for entertaining.
  • Ashia Smith Ashia Smith on Jun 12, 2014
    Thank you!! I will put the buffet to use!
  • Mary Lake Mary Lake on Jun 12, 2014
    Yes, buffet. Enjoy!!
  • Linny McCauley Linny McCauley on Jun 12, 2014
    Buffet....and what a great job! So pretty!!!!
  • Jeanette Stone Jeanette Stone on Jun 12, 2014
    could be used as a bar
    I can make room for a bar. I really like that idea!!! You guys are all so awesome!
  • Therese C Therese C on Jun 13, 2014
    I am shopping in the wrong STATE!! I cannot ever get lucky enough to find bargains like this around here! This is gorgeous! By mother used to have a drop leaf buffet like this and it got tossed years ago. Oh how I wish I still had it... :( But, I am a go getter and will continue my quest here..somewhere there must be an estate sale that will have many things I want for very cheap...then...look out world! You have done a fabulous job!!
    • See 2 previous
    • SK on Elderberry SK on Elderberry on Dec 28, 2014
      Ouch. We all have done it much to our regret. Tomorrow is a new day, and a new bargain piece will find us. I am currently working on two, new to me,, wing back upholstered chairs being redone in chalk paint. Always something around the next bend. sk
  • Chantelle Joy Chantelle Joy on Jun 14, 2014
    Who cares it's gorgeous! It could be a kitchen cart, a bar, a buffet or more storage in the bedroom. You did wonderful!
  • Vicki K Vicki K on Dec 28, 2014
    IT IS TOO SMALL FOR A BUFFET. IT IS A SERVER. YOU CAN USE IT FOR A BAR, SERVING EITHER ALCOHOLIC OR REGULAR DRINKS OR FOOD. IT IS A SMALLER VERSION OF A BUFFET. THAT'S WHY THE FOLD=DOWN ENDS, TO MAKE IT SMALLER WHEN NOT IN USE. GREAT TO DECORATE THE WALL OVER IT. GOOD LUCK.
  • Linda J Linda J on Dec 28, 2014
    It is a server. Trust me. I had one. In the 60's it was common to have a buffet/hutch (which I still have), the table and chairs and a SERVER. It was used to hold any number of things when in use. A bar, condiments, appetizers (I couldn't spell hor d - whatever!), extra ptichers of sweet tea, whatever or however it was needed. Hope this helps.
  • Cynthia Cook Cynthia Cook on Dec 28, 2014
    AWESOME SCORE!!! You did a lovely job bringing this to life..So pretty could be used in any part of your home!! I have to go thrift store hunting :)
  • Terra Gazelle Terra Gazelle on Dec 28, 2014
    A buffet...