Asked on Sep 24, 2018

How do i clean the screen covering the fan on the stove hood

Rita IngramBren DidChaz
+6

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

Try vacuuming it if not it should come off do this when cool

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

You should be able to remove it by undoing clips or snapping it out. Sometimes you have to push up on one side first to release the entire screen downwards. Take outside, spray it with cleaner, scrub, then rinse well with garden hose.

William

Soak it in some Dawn dish liquid and hot water. Rinse and dry. I stick mine in the dishwasher.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Yes, good point from William that some screens are small enough to put into the dishwasher. The strong soap with high temperature water is a sure combo for de-greasing.

• A. Gaige
    A. Gaige

Most of them come off and can be put in dishwasher cycle. They are made of aluminum and wash beautiful.

• Pat
    Pat

I soak my screen in degreaser ( Mean Green) . Don't know if it is only sold in Canada.

• Chaz
    Chaz

I have sprayed mine real good with oven cleaner in a foil pan and let it soak overnight then rinsed it and do it again until you are satisfied, It worked for me.

• Bren Did
    Bren Did

Remove, wash with dish detergent in very hot water. The hot water melts the grease. Some people even boil them in a pot (if they are all metal).

• Rita Ingram
    Rita Ingram

Put it in the dishwasher.