How to clean shower doors

+48

How to clean glass shower doors

• Rymea Rymea on May 25, 2018
    Have you tried a razor blade paint scrapper?

• Brenda Brenda on May 25, 2018
    Are you trying to get rid of soap scum? One part water, dish soap & vinegar. Heat mixture in microwave (very hot). Spray on glass, let stand for approx 15 min. I wipe with scrub pad then rinse. Might need to repeat on any missed spots. Works like a charm for me. You can reheat mixture when needed.

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on May 25, 2018
    Warm water and white vinegar in a spray bottle.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on May 25, 2018
    Spray the shower with vinegar straight, and scrub with one of those nylon colored sponges that you would use yourself . You can buy them at the dollar store.

• Bra10284039 Bra10284039 on May 25, 2018
    Lemon or orange oil paired with a magic eraser will do a fantastic job. The oil will help to repel future soap scum accumulation as well.

• Cindy Moore Cindy Moore on Jun 06, 2015
    I always used lime away - let it stand a few minutes and wash off

• Debbie Debbie on Jun 06, 2015
    I also have glass doors in my bath. The only thing I have found that cleans them are Magic erasers (Mr. Clean)

• Mary Aly Mary Aly on Jun 06, 2015
    I tried everything on the market and all kinds of crazy things. Magic Eraser worked for me too, but I found that adding Dawn dish soap to the eraser makes it work even better.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 24, 2018
    make a mixture of white vinegar and water 50/50 add a dab of blue dawn dish soap, and a dab of jet dry, spray,use Mr. clean Magic Eraser,and a squeeze

• Rhoda Rhoda on Jan 24, 2018
    Wash the doors with white vinegar. Rinse and wipe dry. To prevent soap scum marks, apply some lemon oil to the inside of the door.

• Ghi22279354 Ghi22279354 on Jan 25, 2018
    Buy some CLR (calcium, lime and rust remover) sold almost everywhere. It will make the shower door like new.

• Bonnie D Bonnie D on Jul 15, 2013
    Use the two parts vinegar and one part Dawn in a dish sponge with the dispenser attached. While you are in the shower, clean doors. Use it on mine and have no more spots.

• Bonnie D Bonnie D on Jul 16, 2013
    Nancy-yes I use the cheapest vinegar I can find. If you have some REALLY tough scum sprinkle baking soda over area, spay with Dawn and vinegar. Let set and lightly scrub. Rinse. I have let it set overnight.

• Gra1724867 Gra1724867 on Jun 06, 2015
    Use a dryer sheet to clean the spots and soap scum bye bye

• Linda Linda on Jun 23, 2015
    Try using lime away to get the build up off and then clean with a cheap shaving cream after showering. Plus it will keep your bathroom from fogging up.

• Darrel Rose Darrel Rose on Aug 24, 2015
    Once you have removed the water spots you can apply two coatings of RainX to your shower doors after cleaning off water spots this will keep your shower door clear and clean or you can simply use car paste wax, apply a coat that is not too thick and do as you would as if you was doing your car with the paste wax. For the walls of the shower if it is Fiberglass shower then rinse after all uses and squeegee after every shower, Paste wax will also lessen your cleaning of the shower walls by apply a coat like you would on a car and wiping if off like you would on a car.

• MN Mom MN Mom on May 03, 2016
    I use a mixture of half white vinegar and half blue Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle. After a hot shower, spray everything down and let it sit and then wipe down the shower stall and doors with used dryer sheets. It sounds odd but they really cut through soap scum and build up. Once a clean surface is established, just use the spray mixture after each shower to keep things clean.

• Karen V Karen V on May 03, 2016
    If it is really bad...Spray fume free easy off oven cleaner and let it work about 20-30 minutes. Use a 'soft' scrubbing sponge to clean and then rinse & dry well. Spray RainX on it as well, this will help repel water and soap in the future. Soap does leave scum so I use gel shower wash instead. The in shower washes with lotion sound good but actually cling too well to the walls, floor, doors in the shower. The fume free easy off works great to remove build up for the entire shower!

• Karen V Karen V on May 03, 2016
    I meant to add that I also as many seem to, have a spray mixture of dawn, vinegar & baking soda in a spray bottle. 1 tsp of dawn & baking soda, 1/2 cup of any type of vinegar, 32 oz. spray bottle, fill the rest with water and shake well. I spray the walls before I start my shower and then wash the walls real quick before getting out. My shower is always clean and it saves time to do it while you are already in there!

• Karen Karen on May 03, 2016
    I use Barkeepers Friend. Works amazing on the faucets and glass and they come out sparkling. Just wipe it on (I prefer the liquid) and let it sit for about 30 minutes to an hour then wipe off with a damp cloth.

• Jill Clontz Jill Clontz on May 04, 2016
    I learned this trick with water, dawn soap and vinegar. Just add 2 c. Water 1/2 c. Dawn 1 c. Vinager. (Spelling?). Anyhow mix and I used a soft scrubby that I would use on pots and pans. Apply to doors and tiles and let set just enough time to not dry out and then start wiping with cloth and warm water. This is the only thing that worked on my shower door. Surprisingly no suds!

• Carol Carol on May 04, 2016
    Sounds crazy but I have used cooking spray. Spray on, wait for a little minute and wipe off.

• Flossie Flossie on May 05, 2016
    This is another crazy sounding one. As this scale is made up of calcium, use a toilet cleaner which removes 99% scale, (I use Harpic but I don't know if this brand is available in the US) it will not damage the glass in anyway but do not leave for long on any metal. Cover the offending build up leave for a while, scrub gently, I use an old toothbrush, and clean off/rinse with luke warm water, you may need to repeat a couple of times but this will work a treat.

• Raymond Murphy Raymond Murphy on Mar 25, 2019

Try cleaning strength vinegar or C.L.R. On an old rag let soak and wash afterwards with some water and baking soda to neutralize and help remove the stubborn water spots.

• I use a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle. After spraying on the doors and letting it sit for 30 minutes, I spray it again and scrub with a green ScotchBrite pad. Rinse after that making sure you're not leaving soap on the shower floor because it'll be slippery.

• Amanda Amanda on Mar 26, 2019

Hi Melanie. I make a paste with baking soda and vinegar. It will bubble up when you make it. Then I scrub it on and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse and repeat if needed. Then I wipe them dry. Good Luck. It works great for me.

• Susan Bartenfeld Susan Bartenfeld on Mar 27, 2019

I just discovered this product. I was VERY impressed with how well it cleaned our shower walls!! SCRUBBING BUBBLES, MEGA SHOWER FOAMER!! NO harsh smell, very clean smell!! And it worked with one pass!!!

• Izzy Izzy on Sep 03, 2017
    "Wet and Forget" is absolutely the best I have found. Spray and rinse. No scrubbing. Costs about $17 at Walmart...for a gallon. It will last a long time.

• Jeanie Scanlon Costanzo Jeanie Scanlon Costanzo on Sep 03, 2017
    Ok folks listen to me I tried everything and all those home remedies dont work. I found a product called Clean Shower sold at shoprite. Its really a tile cleaner but works great on glass shower doors. Just spray it on after a shower and let it dry, thats it very simple no scrubbing or wiping or anything. It may take a couple of days of use for soap scum to disappear but it will work. if you cant find Clean Shower than any tile cleaner should work. now i use it every other day and it works fine. Try it you will love it.

• Tammy Russell Tammy Russell on Sep 03, 2017
    Vinager and newspaper works well.

• Debbie Debbie on Sep 22, 2017
    Wet used or new dryer sheets and spray glass with ant cleaner and rub over all the glass takes the scum off like magic.

• Johanna Johanna on Sep 22, 2017
    fill a spraybottle with 3 parts water and 1 part of dishwasher rinse
    and spray your doors with this mixture BEFORE taking a shower

• William William on Nov 30, 2018

I use a handful of used dryer sheets and vinegar. I found a new technique using spray canola oil (like Pam) and a green kitchen scrubby. Supposed to clean the deposits off and leaves a fine film to repel water. Will be giving it a try this weekend.

• Sheila Ryan Sheila Ryan on Dec 04, 2018

I clean houses for a living & what Kelly says is true. If you live in Hard water area, your glass won’t come clean. You could use lemon oil & that covers it for awhile, but will need redoing often. You can always get new doors & then squeegee after using everytime.

• Mogie Mogie on May 24, 2020
    Corn Starch is a mild abrasive making it perfect to scrub your shower doors! Mix one part cornstarch with 2 parts dishwashing liquid and a cup of vinegar. Spray the door and rub down with a cleaning cloth. Rinse and you’re done!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Apr 24, 2018
    Try Bar keepers friend- good luck :)

• TigerLynn TigerLynn on Apr 24, 2018
    SC Johnson’s scrubbing bubbles. It’s the best stuff ever on your entire shower and requires very little scrubbing. Just make sure the area is well ventilated

• Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on May 30, 2017
    Depending on how dirty they are, you may only need Barkeeper's soft cleanser (in spray bottle) and a sponge. If it's mold you're talking about you will need Clorox Bathroom spray cleaner (w/bleech), If it's built up scum, take the doors outside, scrap with a window scraper, OR spray with oven cleaner, scrub, rinse. Works for me! Best of luck.

• Gina Gina on May 30, 2017
    Dampen a fabric softener sheet and rub on the doors you may want to also use the magic eraser in combination with it while the fabric softener sheet residue is still on the glass rinse well .

• Gwen Barham Loftus Gwen Barham Loftus on Mar 06, 2019

Many years ago I had a lady who came and cleaned my house. My shower doors would sparkle after she was done. She told me she used Shout laundry stain remover spray. Don't know if they have changed up the formula over the years but you might give it a try.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 28, 2018
    have you tried this one....https://www.hometalk.com/28708364/remove-soap-scum-with-a-grapefruit-and-kosher-salt

• Lucky Home Today Lucky Home Today on Sep 22, 2019

Try a mixture of a cup baking soda and cup of liquid dish soap. Cut a grapefruit or large orange in half. Dip it into the mixture and scrub away.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Feb 05, 2018
    Some people use 2 oz liquid Dawn dish soap, 4 oz. lemon juice, 8 oz. white vinegar, and 10 oz of water, spray it on and let it set all night, then clean off in the morning. This also works for cleaning ovens: apply, let set all night, wipe off in a.m. For real hard cleaning my husband bought the Turbo Hurricane scrubber. It takes all the "hard" out of hard work. We got ours online , but you can get them in Walmart now and probably other retail places too.

• Ela6692658 Ela6692658 on Feb 06, 2018
    i like to use half lemon dipped in kosher salt.
    wet door then work in a circular motion and rinse. It really gets all the soap scum off.

• Bijous Bijous on Nov 19, 2018

For hard water stains use Borax and water. Finish off with a polishing of car wax and the room will stay nice for a long time. Then clean as necessary and re-polish once a month.

• Christine Parker Christine Parker on Nov 20, 2018

Norwex envirocloth and window cloth! Just use water!

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Apr 29, 2018
    Try using denatured alcohol.

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Apr 29, 2018
    Hello! White vinegar, baking soda, Blue Dawn dish detergent and warm water. Spray on shower door and let the acidity in the vinegar loosen the soap scum. Then gently scour the shower walls. Repeat if necessary. Good luck!

• Jana Jana on Mar 15, 2018
    I have used a product from Simonize company called My Cleaning Secret. It has cleaned many surfaces that were neglected for years in a house I inherited. It is really a great product.

• William William on Dec 29, 2017
    I use a bunch of used fabric softener sheets dipped in vinegar. The combination does a great job. The remaining softener leaves an invisible coating that sheds water and the glass stays clean longer.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 29, 2017
    Vinegar or household ammonia in hot water with a little baking soda will clean glass.