Jeh12342470
Jeh12342470
  • Largo, FL
Asked on Dec 10, 2018

How do I paint a table with acrylic paints?

LandsharkinncJan ClarkMogie
+1

Put acrylic paint on the table then tilt the table to make the paint run from middle to sides

• Vimarhonor

Hello,

Should be an interesting result. Additionally a marbeling medium coukd be used. I would suggest some sort of sealer for a protected finish. Acrylic can soften if exposed to moisture- I often use a glass or ceramic plate as an acrylic palette and the crusted paint is moistened and scraped off.

• Jan Clark

Basically, you just need to make sure the surface of your table is clean and slightly rough (sanded) to make sure the paint will stick. Absolutely use gloves and as much drop cloth as necessary as this gets REALLY messy. Check out YouTube videos on 'dirty pour painting' to check the additives/ratios you might want to use. Once the table is dry, if it's going to be used a lot, make sure you seal it. There are a number of products. Polyurethane spray is really easy to use, just follow the directions. For smaller projects, Mod Podge will work, too.

• Landsharkinnc

if you aren't looking for a 'DECORATIVE' surface, use a deglosser/Liquid Sander ( JASCO ) to clean and prep the surface .. Acrylic/latex are basically the same kind of paint ... https://www.perfectpainter.ca/painting-companies-toronto/selecting-acrylic-latex-paint/ both are water soluable ..

a good surface and I would prefer a roller for application; if the table is used frequently -- eating, entrance way, etc. you will want to seal it with a good poly -- either satin ( semi-gloss) or a gloss finish ...