Deb
Deb
  • Warwick, RI
Asked on Apr 9, 2019

How to paint a kitchen table?

MeganEvestarEllyn Giordano
+1

Best & most durable idea's for painting my kitchen table.

• Kelli Murphy

Assuming it's wooden, remove the previous paint or stain or ...? with solvent, then lightly sand it to the raw wood. Paint will adhere to that. I'd use a clear coat over it. Hit up YouTube for lots of projects (I like Ana White channel for women / couple building projects, but there're tons of good sources)

• Ellyn Giordano

I like chalk paint because you don't have to prepare the surface except maybe just have it be clean of course. Then after a couple of coats of the chalk paint, you can seal it with acrylic sealer. I did a coffee table that is holding up well.

• Evestar

I would ask the paint store since new products pop up all the time but Id definitely seal it well. There are extremely durable paints that are used for countertops.

• Megan

My favorite finish for painting table tops is Gel stain. :) General Finishes makes a great gel stain. You can Seal with Poly. You can check out my guide on gel stain here. :)