Asked on Jun 22, 2019

What can I do for a king size headboard?

JeffreyphSusanBarbara
+2

Cute ideas for king size beds

• J

I used old bifold doors. Just hinged them together then painted. Mounted them to the wall

• Linda Sikut

Hi Sherrie,

I had a water bed for over 30 years and when it came time to replace it, I got a regular bed so that if we move it will be easier. Of course, I didn't have a head board but I ended up using artwork at the head of the bed. I chose a "spray" of metal butterflies and I just love it! My point is that you don't always need an actual headboard. I wanted to toss out a different idea. :) Wishing you the best.

• Barbara

A mattress from a single bed on its side fits a king size bed and covered with a matching sheet looks good and even provides a small shelf to hold a remote control for the TV or ceiling fan.

• Susan

WOW, you just opened a can of juicy worms for me!! LOL.... The idea's are only limited to your own imagination. The other answers are all great ideas. How about a few more...Make a "faux shiplap" wall with 1x4's or 1x6's. You can buy these fairly cheaply. The Home Depot or Lowe's will but them to your desired length... just cut, measure and remeasure, mark for studs, and nail up! It's an easy project really.

DIY Ship Lap Wall Detail

DIY Ship Lap Entry Wall

• Jeffreyph

We used an old teak ship grate that we got at a ship salvage shop.