Why is my Shark vacuum blowing out air instead of sucking it in?

Kathy Gunter LawWandaRick
+1

• Cindy

Hi Audrey. I'm Cindy. Your vacuum probably has two ports, one for sucking and one for blowing. Try putting the hose in the other port. That's my guess. Without knowing the model of your vacuum, I can only guess. Good luck Audrey.

• Rick

Just fixed this problem yesterday in ours.

Your line is blocked is my guess ,welcome to pet ownership.

Places to check.

Dump canister before checking these sections

1 - push in red button at top lift out hand held curved section attached to the hose.Turn on vacuum.

If you have good strong suction, the flex line is clear.

2. Disconnect metal pipe red button rear lower section of vacuum. Again turn on vacuum check suction. No suction? Clogged pipe ... I've cleaned out with broom stick or other similar item.

3 - Check flex line @ base leading to the brush section I've had issues here, used long screw driver to loose debris. In the hose and at the channel opening in the head.

Oops. When you dump the canister check the opening leading from canister to the flex hose...

Hope My Dissertation Helps.

• Wanda

FULL

• Kathy Gunter Law

Besides those mentioned above, check the settings. Ours has a "blow" setting and yours may have gotten switched from suction.