Asked on Nov 6, 2019

How do I clean a glass top stove?

BetsyMiWilliam
+1

How do you clean glass top stoves

• Sharon

I put a hot wet microfiber towel on top for a few minutes, then I use a single edge razor blade to get off all the burnt on bits, wipe up with the wet towel... then I finish off with Maguires Cooktop cleaner.

• Mi

Use the cleaner made for that (Walmart has a kit with a scrub pad)- first use a blade to remove baked on stuff, then scrub with the product and scrub Pad, then clean with paper towels and product. then apply (a soft cloth is awesome but paper towels work) several thin layers of the cleaner and buff each layer- no white haze- it will be so much easier to clean afterwards. After each layer you can test by running a moist hand across, once it glides easily you are good to go. I find this will last a month, or 2, often longer. In between “deep clean”, I just use a dish cloth with dish soap to not remove my hard work.

Hi Rudy: As long as the dirt is superficial, there is no problem cleaning a vitroceramic hob, (glass cook top) but as soon as there are splashes of grease, sugar, tomato, sauce, it's more difficult to clean.

This homemade recipe will help you clean your vitroceramic hob, it will be like new.

You will need: baking soda, dish washing liquid and vinegar and also a bath towel as big as the vitroceramic hob.

Start by pouring the vinegar into a spray bottle and sprinkle the entire surface of the hob.

Sprinkle baking soda on the hob.

In the sink or bucket, pour hot water and dish soap. Wear gloves and immerse the towel in very hot water.

Twist it, but not completely dry, and spread it on the ceramic hob. Wait 15-20 minutes before removing the towel.

With a soft brush, rub the surface of the hob, then wipe it. Normally, all the dirt is already gone with this method. If your hob is really dirty, you may have to start again.

Finally, spray white vinegar on the vitroceramic hob and wipe it with a microfiber cloth: the plate will be completely clean! Good luck