How can I repair this solar light?

+11

This is one of four LED landscape lights powered by a solar panel. They're all connected by wires to the panel so there are no batteries. Three out of four work just great but this one died. The connection and wiring are fine so it seems like it would be fixable but I don’t know how. I unscrewed the top but am at a loss. Ideas very much appreciated, thanks!

q how can i repair this solar light
  • Mogie Mogie on May 13, 2021

How to fix solar lights? – Troubleshooting and Disassembly Tips

https://www.thesolaradvantage.net/how-to-fix-solar-lights/

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on May 13, 2021

I'm a bit confused. Your title says solar light but the photo and comments show wiring. Need more information and photos please.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on May 13, 2021

I just saw this week where you need to change the battery inside if they quit working here is more info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELDlnDvE0QA

• William William on May 17, 2021

People have a misconception about solar lights. The solar panel does not power the lights otherwise they would be lit up during the day. The solar panel charges the batteries in each light and they run off the battery/batteries at night. Instead of having individual solar panels on each light you have one panel charging all the lights. I have a nine LED string of lights that are connected to one solar panel. The solar panel has a battery in it. Since three of your lights work then the fourth one has to have a battery/batteries in it that need to be replaced.

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on May 31, 2021

I am a bit confused .. is stand broken or light itself ?

• William William on Jun 06, 2021

Either the LED light is shot. Or the solar panel itself has batteries in it to power each individual light. There have to be batteries somewhere to power the lights at night. The solar panel does not power the lights it charges batteries. If it's a large solar panel then batteries are in it.

• William William on Jun 08, 2021

At least you found the batteries. It could be the board in the light. If you have a voltmeter you can check the two wires if there is voltage going to the light. Set the voltmeter to 20 volts. If you get a reading then the board the LED is on is shot. LED are not bulbs so they basically don't burn out.