How to clean a old formica table with steel legs?

Judy Thurston
by Judy Thurston
+3
I own a old formica table with steel legs and I have tried everything to clean it but nothing helps, I even tried using furniture polish but it seems to not work very well. Does anybody out there know a simple fix? Please Help Me!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 08, 2016
    What have you used? What is not coming clean?

• Johnchip Johnchip on Oct 08, 2016
    I love these old 50's 'Lucy' tables. Do you have the chairs? Is it the formica or the stainless or both you are having the issue with? A picture will say a thousand words on this to help.

• Boo12360713 Boo12360713 on Oct 08, 2016
    I used chrome cleaner and polish from automotive department. used Mothers to remove any corrosion and a claener/polish . Came ouut great, but don't remember the brand. It was in the garage, now my son has the table and chairs in his place

• Gloria Culp Gloria Culp on Oct 08, 2016
    Bar Keepers powder for both surfaces. Never Dull works on the chrome--get it in the automotive department or an auto supply store.

• Bobbie Littlefield Bobbie Littlefield on Oct 08, 2016
    test a small area of the formica with comet and a sponge-pleased? Clean the whole top and then spray with a polyurethane (satin or gloss). Chrome legs? You can always take them to someone who re-chromes them. You can try a wet/dry sandpaper in different strengths (80 then up to 2000) then poly.

• Laurie Wood Hamill Laurie Wood Hamill on Oct 08, 2016
    Cheesecloth and car wax. Apply the car wax, in a circular motion. Let the wax sit like it would on a car. Wipe off the wax and buff with a chamois.