What are these "green" like stains? Removal process??

+2
I am currently sanding my kitchen table (orbital sander-level 4- 80 grit paper) ive been at it for about one hour now and I was preparing to move to the next section but I can not get these markings off the table. I am planning on staining the top (veneer) with homemade acv and steel wool stain when all is said and done. Any suggestions.....
q what are these green like stains removal process
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 07, 2018
    It's a bit hard to see what that is but you can try removing it with heat. Lay a towel on the stain and apply a hot iron on top to get the stain out. Otherwise I would think an application of stain would cover it up just fine.

• Phenonw Phenonw on Jan 07, 2018
    Try Oxy Clean or H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide). You may have to let it sit a few minutes & then let it dry Completely before you stain.

• Jean Jean on Jan 07, 2018
    I wouldn't apply hot iron to veneer, some of it is very touchy it may scorch or buckle
    Peroxide may be best but don't leave on long may bleach it too much..
    From the pic the stain is not really noticeable it may restain ok.

• 9530106 9530106 on Jan 07, 2018
    Try a furniture refinsher such as Formby's rather than all that sanding. It will probably also help to remove whatever has discolored your veneer.

• CJ CJ on Jan 10, 2018
    I can't see a green stain in the photo but just taking a guess, could the green be from a marker, either a kids water based or a permanent marker? Water based markers are water clean up but they warn users that some things can stain. I would try using some rubbing alcohol on the stain, if a marker stain is suspected. Don't use a lot, maybe try an alcohol pad or dampen a rag with the alcohol and rub the stain. You can blot the spot dry after trying the rubbing alcohol. I hope this helps or hope you find another solution to your stain problem! It looks like a beautiful table. Good luck with your makeover and please post your project!