What the best way to get rings out of wood???

+2
  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Dec 25, 2017
    if you mean water marks on the top surface left from wet glasses, rubbint with a dab of mayonnaise works well; if you are talking about the age rings in cut wood -- that's the way the tree grows -- the rings are a general idea of climate, water, nutrients and the resulting growth of the tree -- you can't remove them ... maybe paint or stain would minimize their appearance.

• Sherrie Sherrie on Dec 25, 2017
    I've seen ideas using mayo and other oils. But what worked for me was using a iron and towel. Fold the towel so that you have protection and set the iron on low heat. You might have to go over the area several times and take your time. Good luck

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 25, 2017
    Some people use mayonnaise and a soft rag. Rub dabs of it in circles to remove the rings. I use Old English furniture polish. It comes in dark or light depending on our wood tone. Use a soft damp rag to rub it in with circular motion. If Old English won't do it, you might need to consider sanding and restaining it.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 26, 2017
    This trick is a personal favorite :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZLS9EbUrAk