Project with a window frame & chicken wire:

Those small (-ish) shovels you use by hand are not "spades," they are "trowels."

  4 answers
  • Ken Ken on Dec 14, 2017
    Just be glad I didn't call them "hacksaws".

  • Susan Susan on Dec 14, 2017
    they go by many names...

    a tool with a sharp-edged, typically rectangular, metal blade and a long handle, used for digging or cutting earth, sand, turf, etc.
    What is the difference between a trowel and spade?
    A garden trowel is small, handheld, used for planting bulbs ,bedding plants etc. A spade is larger used for digging much the same as a garden fork without prongs.

  • J2 J2 on Dec 14, 2017
    You mean they're not the same thing with different names from either side of The Pond?

  • Ken Ken on Dec 14, 2017
    So THAT'S why I keep gashing myself when I'm planting tulips.