Best DIYs for seniors

+3
  • Peg Peg on Dec 25, 2017
    Eat only organic and no sugar.

• GBK GBK on Dec 25, 2017
    Less volume, more often, less sugar, more nutrition.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 25, 2017
    Cook from scratch to cut out a lot of perservatives. cut down on sugar, cut down on caffeine, eat lots of veggies and fruits, don't smoke, cut down on alcohol consumption, exercise more, get plenty of sun and fresh air, take your dog for a walk, drink more water, take a good multivitamin, stop taking pain killers smoke pot instead.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 25, 2017
    The diabetic diet is probably the most nutritious diet out there, especially if you need to loose weight. The weight loss will be gradual and will most likely stay away. If you don't need to loose weight you could use the diet as a guideline to make sure you have a nutritious diet that will keep you healthy. I can tell you stories about the supposed "organic" food you buy. My hubby was a long haul truck driver before he was forced to retire for health reasons at 71. He was at the docks somewhere when a shipment of organic tomatoes was brought out to be loaded on a truck and they were rotten. The shipper call the purchaser about this and the shipper was told to find him any good tomatoes they could find and they would just put them in the organic tomato spot and no one would no the difference.

• Dianne Sabido Dianne Sabido on Dec 25, 2017
    Hey I need that, I am retired, I do go out and walk for about 45 minutes as I live in Phoenix Arizona. I also to in house family history, which causes me to sit. I look heavy in pictures and know it is time for me to work a little harder, So I need to start walking up and down the stairs, minimize Soda intake and drink more water. I really don't eat junk food, the nearest McDonalds, and Panda are 15 minutes away, but don't have desires to eat the foot, so I make chicken or Tuna Fish for Lunch, and about 3 to 5 Cheetos, not bags, just the chip. and down I go to do more Genealogy. Well if anyone has any better recommendations please I am all ears.
    Dianne Sabido

• M. M.. M. M.. on Dec 25, 2017
    emphasis on lean protein, avoid starches and sugars. Your body turns starches into sugar which is why they're considered in the same category. Buy ingredients at the grocery store, not prepared, ready-to-eat food to control sodium, sugar and preservatives.