Diy on making the house smell good without using wax tarts

+6
  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Dec 09, 2017
    Drop of vanilla extract on a light bulb, or lemon, or orange, or a small bowl of plain white vinegar in an unobtrusive location, dishes of baking soda around will absorb odors.. Just like it does in thr refrigerator...replace ever week or so...put down the drains to keep them clean

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 09, 2017
    Simmer spices on your stove. Or put water in a vessel, add whole spices and heat it in the microwave. Then take it out and put in smaller cups or vases throughout the house. You can gently heat them occasionally to reactive them. Eventually they will need to be replaced. Cinnamon sticks, cloves, and/or nutmeg are nice this time of year. Landsharkinnc's idea of putting vanilla on light bulbs is good too, as long as the bulbs are cold. Don't put it on hot bulbs. You can do the same thing with essentials oils, for example: Lavender in the bedrooms. Just be sure to turn the lights on for a while so that it has time to warm the oils. I haven't tried this on the newer type of light bulb that doesn't get hot, but I do think they are warm enough for it to work. Put peppermint in the bathroom to wake you up in the morning. :) Wishing you the best.

• Bella's mommy Bella's mommy on Dec 09, 2017
    I swear by vinager. I promise that it will leave a clean fresh smell when used while cleaning. I use it instead of fabric softner in fact. I mop my floors with half a cup vinager, couple drops of bleach And super hot water. I also buy the bags of potpourri from the dollar store and put in a simple vase.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 09, 2017
    There are really small crock pots (2-4 cups) made for snack dips... fill one with vinegar and water and add cinnamon sticks ... shut off a night.

• heating spices like cinnamon, cloves, allspice, etc. in a oven proof dish or on aluminum foil on a low temp in the oven. Will smell like you are baking cookies.

• Helen Helen on Dec 09, 2017
    Air it out by opening windows. Try the newer refresh house spray but use wisely because some people cannot take the scents. Place dishes of vinegar around on tables, fridge, etc. It works.

• Castrang17 Castrang17 on Dec 10, 2017
    Essential Oil diffuser, add water, add 3-4 drops of your favorite oil and you will enjoy a nice smelling home. The difussers run for hours and automatically turn off.

• Tina worley Tina worley on Dec 10, 2017
    Odd o ban. Is an air freshener and disinfectant. About 3 dollars a bottle. Won harm furniture cloth or carpet.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 10, 2017
    Put a drop of your favorite essential oil on top of a light bulb.