How do I hang a flush mount crystal chandelier

+7
The wires thread through a tube that attaches at the top an bottom of the wire which i have to attach to the electrical i can attach the tube to the top and run the wires through but then I cannot attach it at the bottom to hold the chandelier up if I attach it to the chandelier I can not get the electrical wires attached what can I do?
q how do i hang a flush mount crystal chandelier
  • Sharon Sharon on Dec 30, 2017
    Usually ceiling mount fixtures use a threaded tube that screws into the ceiling bracket..... sometimes you need a longer/shorter one .... and the wires are fed up through the bolt and joined to the ceiling wires with electrical tape and wire nuts.... https://www.google.com/search?q=ceiling+fixture+threaded+bolts&client=opera&hs=MBW&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7k6Opm7PYAhUW8WMKHfFkAkEQ7AkIkgI&biw=1326&bih=658 You can find these parts in the lamp section of hardware stores or home stores.
    If your new fixture didn't come with directions, try the manufacturer's website or call their customer service hotline.

• Paula T. Paula T. on Dec 31, 2017
    is your question about the electrical aspect, or actually how to mount? If it’s just about how to mount it flush to the ceiling, there is a trick to that.
    When I’ve hung flush mount ceiling fixtures, (I let an electrician deal with the wiring), if it’s not being mounted to an existing beam, but in between, I cut a small hole in the ceiling, and insert a board that lays across two beams. (Sometimes the ideal spot to hang a fixture just doesn’t have a beam running through it.). Then I go into the attic and screw the board into the two beams so it won’t move. Now I have a secure point the hang my flush mount fixture from.

• Maria Maria on Jan 02, 2018
      Thank you for your help. I do not have an attic but I did purchase a junction box that attaches to the joists. Thank you

• Andre Gouin Andre Gouin on Dec 31, 2017
    Just go to your hardware store and buy a flush mount junction box it's about 1/2 an inch high and you can screw it into your existing junction box cost about 5 dollars here in Canada probably cheaper if your living in the USA

• Frank Andrews III Frank Andrews III on Dec 31, 2017
    This requires some assumption on my part because I don't see a wire or junction box in the ceiling. I would use an expandable electric wiring bracket with a suitable weight strength to hold the fixture. Mark the location first and make sure you have access above and power available. Mark the box location on the drywall & use a drywall saw to
    cut out the opening for the box. Mount the ceiling box between the joists with screws. (they won't back out from vibration like nails can. )  .. wear a mask! Frankie.

• Maria Maria on Dec 31, 2017
      Thank you Frank I did install the electrical junction box that attaches to the joists my problem is the wiring goes through a threaded hollow tube and at the top the wiring attachs to the electrical but if I attach the base of the chandelier I have to twist it on the bottom part of the pipe and the attached wiring would also twist and probably snap and if I attach the base first my hands do not fit to attach the wires at the top. Don’t know what to do

• Frank Andrews III Frank Andrews III on Jan 01, 2018
    The drop tube screws into the mounting plate that is attached to the ceiling. Twist the 3 wires on the chandelier counterclockwise about 4 turns and then connect them in the junction box. Now thread the chandelier onto the drop tube and you should be good to go!

I'm sorry but I forgot to tell you to run the wires up through the tube and then twist them counter clockwise so they will untwist as you thread the tube into the mounting base ! sorry bout that..