How to hide unsightly electrical cords in an inexpensive manner?

Rst7174311
by Rst7174311
We just had the interior of our home painted. The electrical plugin is not close enough to plug in all the electrical cords required for our tv, etc. We have opened up a plastic tube and inserted all these cords in it. Still very unsightly- as it ended up hanging half way down the living room wall. Ideas welcomed.
  • Judy Smith Judy Smith on Jun 15, 2016
    Pool noodles. Cut slit across lengthwise. Or PVC pipe.
  • William William on Jun 15, 2016
    Wiremold would solve your problem. It a track that sticks on to the wall surface, the wires are placed in the track and a cover snaps over the track. I have installed these in condos and townhouses that have concrete ceilings, walls and can't fish wires thru walls or ceilings. Home Depot, Lowes, And Menards sell them.
  • Paula Paula on Jun 15, 2016
    Do you have access to a sewing machine? You can sew up fabric tubes to coordinate with your rooms. You need strips about 6 inches wide and double the length of your cords you want to cover - 3 ft cord, you need 6 foot of fabric. u can piece these together as the seams won't show. Sew the tubes up, right sides together, turn them out and insert the cords. The double the length will make a gathered/scrunched cover. It is very elegant.
  • Pam Walker Pam Walker on Jun 15, 2016
    Depends on your color scheme. Take that same color of either painter's tape or duct tape & tape them to your wall & along the baseboard to wherever you need them to go. You could also use those wire covers that have the slit down the side & tape them (or paint them) whatever color you want to match your decor. :)
  • Mary Hefleng Mary Hefleng on Jun 16, 2016
    I had the same issue with a wall-mounted tv - I covered a wrapping paper tube (whatever length you need) with wrapping paper (or fabric, duct tape, craft paper...) that closely matched my wall color - it's "almost" invisibile now!
  • Elle Elle on Jun 16, 2016
    shower rail covers
  • Johnchip Johnchip on Jun 16, 2016
    Depending on the wall surface it may seem difficult but it is not normally: carefully cut or chisel a channel in the wall and recover the space properly. If it is hollow core, insert, drop and recover (fish out with coat hanger)at bottom the cords. It is the only way to solve it right. Our one house is concrete block and we chiseled out channels and recovered with joint compound. We did this ourselves in four places in one room, all done in one day. Total cost maybe $25 for chisel, plaster, tape, paint.
  • Tootsie meece Tootsie meece on Jun 16, 2016
    I used a piece of foam tube designed to keep water pipes from freezing They are available in several sizes, cheap, can be cut easily (and most have adhesive stip on back )Just tuck all cords inside.
  • Ann M Ann M on Jun 16, 2016
    I purchased covers made for chandelier chains from a discount store . Comes in several colors and has Velcro to close. Very easy and a quick fix. Could be used to cover wires in just about any situation I would think.
  • Rst7174311 Rst7174311 on Jun 20, 2016
    I decided to call in an electrian for advice before trying some of the suggestions received - Thanks