How can I redo a window to hang on my wall?

+4
I have an old window that I would like to hang on my wall. The window does need TLC I cannot hang as is. Can you recommend how to redo this? Sand Paper etc.?
    • Jan Mahoney Jan Mahoney on Jan 03, 2017
      If you want to keep the vintage look sand it lightly to remove any loose paint then seal it with a sealer (can be purchased at hobby lobby or wal mart) If you want a new look sand down to wood and paint the color of your choice.

• Jackie Bole Jackie Bole on Jan 04, 2017
    Mirror it.

• John John on Jan 04, 2017
    It sounds like it is a bit on the fractal side. Best if you carefully remove the glass, then disassemble it. Try then to reassemble it using wood putty to fill old nail, staple, or screw holes and using the modern glue and nails, reassemble it so it is sturdy. It takes time and TLC to not damage any of the wood or slats. You can touch it up with paint that blends in. A good paint store can help you there to antique it. If you don't need the glass, it will still look good and weigh a lot less when hung.

• Beverly Beverly on Jan 05, 2017
      Ok John Thank you very much. And you are right about moving the glass.

• John John on Jan 05, 2017
    fractal should have been fragile. Some times I don't like spell check. Janet also gave a great web site to look at for excellent ideas. Have fun. Use the slow cooker to make a great dinner for when it's time to stop for the day. That way you can work a bit longer, and have a meal ready when you clean up. Efficiency and time management make for a better project re-do.

• Beverly Beverly on Jan 05, 2017
    Thank You John! Will do!