How do I paint cement statues?

+1

I was lucky enough to be able to purchase a team of cement horses. They are not brand new and have been in a person's yard for quite a few years. Would like to paint them and am not sure how to start and what steps I have to take.

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on Feb 04, 2019

Hi Connie, here are some instructions for painting cement statues. Good luck with your project.

If you are not artistic you should paint the dog one color. Clean with water, paint statue with a stiff brushstatue, and rinse with water only. Then let it dry for 24-36 hours. Use a sealer paint like "Exterior Paint for Concrete" and apply 2 coats if needed.

How to Paint Concrete Statues: 14 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

https://www.wikihow.com/Paint-Concrete-Statues

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Feb 04, 2019

Before you paint, you might consider cleaning with wet & forget outdoor to remove the effects of outdoor weather.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Feb 04, 2019

Hello, Im asking the experts now as my refurb failed in less than 7 years. ( clean prime and spray painted)

I hope that you find good advice.

• Beth Beth on Feb 04, 2019

If the concrete was never sealed, it will be very porous. You can stain concrete, and it will absorb into it nicely. There are many colored stains available. I think that would be prettier than paint on them, personally. Then seal with polyurethane.