Remove failed epoxy from a wooden canoe

+2
Help! Apparently didnt mix the epoxy enough and now its an uneven quarter inch gooey layer dry in some spots but raw and jelly in others despite a 3 day wait.

The idea was to fix a wooden canoe putting a thick layer of it on the floor.

I'm behind schedule on fixing it and trying to figure out whats the most efficient way... Im not convinced on pouring more because its already thick and not sure on how to remove it as the jelly portions are difficult to deal with and there are the dry portions as well...

Has anybody dealt with this chaos successfully?

Appreciate the help!

• Melinda Lockwood Melinda Lockwood on Jan 06, 2018
    get some lacquer thinner and start scrubbing.

• Michael LoVetere Michael LoVetere on Jan 06, 2018
    Contact Jamestown distributors; they are the biggest boat building supply in New England. Their support techs are very knowledgeable especially with epoxies. ...website : jamestowndistributors.com Tech hotline is: 401-253-3840, or tech@jamestowndistributors.com personally I would call them good luck

• Judy Judy on Jan 06, 2018
    I would go to a sporting goods store, and ask a clerk who works in the canoe dept. Best wishes, J.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 07, 2018
    Acetone and laquer thinner with scotch bright should help get it off. You'll probably have to do a bit of scraping.