Can I paint fabric?

+7
I have an old (44 years old) Director's chair and I am having a difficult time finding either a new seat pad or the back that will fit this chair! I finally found a seat pad (red) & a back that is green. Can I paint the green back with anything to make it red?? Please help!
  • Heidy Heidy on Jun 14, 2015
    Chalk paint! You can look up the how to on the Internet. Works beautifully!

• Kelly Fitzgerald Kelly Fitzgerald on Jun 14, 2015
    of course,get fabric paint at any craft store and follow directions exactly.

• Jajohnsey Jajohnsey on Jun 14, 2015
    I think? you might be able to spray paint it with the aerosol cans and do nicely.

• Teri Broberg Teri Broberg on Jun 14, 2015
    The two chairs I painted with CCC chalk-type paint with Satin Finish topcoat have lasted well over two (three?) years, and are the most used chairs in the house. I couldn't afford the reupholstering costs, and painting was easy.

• Jaye Jaye on Jun 14, 2015
    Pebeo. lots of vibrant colors, are versatile and you can sun dye with them also. Michaels stores have them

• Christine Kalicky Christine Kalicky on Jun 14, 2015
    Thank you everyone for your help with my problem! I wish I would have just asked for help a long time ago. Thanks, again!!

• Mary Salley Mary Salley on Jun 15, 2015
    You can paint your fabric with Shabby Paints. Go online and see all the colors. Amazing paint and non toxic

• Christine Kalicky Christine Kalicky on Jun 15, 2015
      @Mary Salley - Thank you, Mary, for your suggestion. I will definitely check into the Shabby Paints.