What's the best and easiest way to repaint my 2 wooden rocking chairs?

+3
They are outdoors on my covered front porch.
  • Judy Ferrell Judy Ferrell on Jun 20, 2017
    spray them then lay off the paint with a brush. just put plastic up behind and under so you don't paint everything else.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 20, 2017
    Scape off any paint that is peeling,clean them,allow to completely dry ,and use Rustoleums 2X spray paint.Give them 2 light coatings allowing to dry in-between.Once completely dry use a clear uv spray protectant.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 20, 2017
    The first thing I would do is make sure it's clean. Then I'd sand it - checking for high spots (old paint drips) or nicks in the wood. If there are any nicks, I'd fill them in with wood paste. After it dries, sand it down to make sure it's smooth. It might take 2 coats. At this point, it's up to you. If you want it fast and done, you can spray it with spray paint and be done with it. The problem, to me, is that it will wear much faster. If it were me, I'd prime them - especially if there is bare wood, then paint. There is a spray primer, if that's the way you choose to go. Just be sure you don't spray too close because you'll end up with drips. It's better to do two light coats than one heavy coat.

HTH

• Jennifer Helen Wilson Jennifer Helen Wilson on Jun 20, 2017
    Sugar soap to clean after being brushed of dust & spider webs. Light sand. Rub down again. Spray paint easier. 😇😇😇

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 20, 2017
    I definitely think that spray paint is the easiest route!

• Haydee Ontiveros Haydee Ontiveros on Jun 20, 2017
    Definitely make sure you sand it down clean it off before painting. To me spray painti is quick, but I also love to use chalk paint and distressing furnitur. 😁