Best paint to paint front door which does get some sun?

+2
  • Ellis Ellis on Nov 16, 2017
    The manufacturer of my steel door recommends that you paint metal doors a light color if they are in the sun, so the door does not sustain damage.

• Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Nov 16, 2017
    Behr premium plus ultra exterior.
    A Semi-Gloss paint is a sleek, radiant sheen that creates a hard, durable finish. It is formulated to withstand wear, and will also resist moisture, fading and stains.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Nov 16, 2017
    Behr paint with primer works well. Darker paint colors tend to fade become chalky something to consider.

• Judy Judy on Nov 16, 2017
    I have NEVER painted the metal door. Only the frame of wood on the outside of the door frame. All will care for itself. Just make sure you can take it apart, and clean it real good, for winter. Be sure the door shuts tight, and no drafts espec. during winter. Best wishes, J.

• Sl64 Sl64 on Nov 16, 2017
    Behr Premium Plus Ultra Is what I use. Mine is a dark gray in semi-gloss and has held up beautifully for 3 years. No peeling, fading, etc.