How do I remove paint from colored glass?

• Dana Ellebracht Dana Ellebracht on Feb 03, 2019

Is this a window or drinking glass??

If it is a small item, just soak it in hot soapy water for a while. Check on it and scrub. Soak. Scrub. It should come off fairly easily.

If this is a shower stall or window, I have microwaved vinegar with a squirt of Dawn in it. Using thick gloves, apply solution to window and scrub with a brush or towel. Keep scrubbing until it is gone. If a big area, you may have to reheat your solution. It must be HOT. It smells terrible but it works.

• Linda Linda on Feb 03, 2019

Can you scrap it off without the color in the glass coming off? I would to scrap it off in a small area and see.

• Brenda Brenda on Feb 04, 2019

I did try with a razor blade, but glass does not have a smooth surface. I have an oId window with several pieces of colored glass in it that I want to refurbish. I did not wet the area when i used the blade, so I will try that again on part of it. Thanks!