Media Room Update - need a paint color

+6
We have made some progress on our media room. But we can't decide on a paint color. There is no natural light so we don't think we want to go too dark. But it's a media room so we don't want to go too light to prevent glare from the tv. We've considered a wet cement color as well as darker grays and taupes. We just can't decide on a particular color.
Any suggestions?
More pics on the blog.
media room update need a paint color, entertainment rec rooms, home decor, painted furniture
This is what we started with, so anything is an improvement . . . Lol.
We removed wallpaper, shackled, primed and ready for paint.
The flooring we are putting in is a toasted hickory.
I plan to redo this desk with PolyShades Tudor for a TV console. I don't want to cover the wood grain but I do want to eliminate the orange-y finish it has currently.
  • That should say spackled not shackled but I can't figure out how to edit it.

• Maybe a relaxing color like a light green or turquoise?

• @Danielle Hawkins-Hernandez Thanks! I think the problem now is the blue carpet is still there so whatever swatches we put on the wall gets thrown off by the overwhelming blue carpet.

• Pat Asquith Pat Asquith on May 09, 2014
    How about Ben Moore's Van Courtland Blue (#HC145) or Old Salem Gray (#HC94). Then use Bavarian Cream (#2146-70) on the trim. Will make the room both cozy and elegant. Good luck!

• @Pat Asquith I love the Old Salem Gray! We are not very fond of blue at the moment. Maybe once we purge some from the house we can appreciate again.

• Liliana Wells Liliana Wells on May 09, 2014
    First of all, I love your desk the way it is. as for the wall color, what other colors o you have in the room? Fabrics, pictures, pillows. You may want to pick one that ocmpliments other items in the room.

• @Liliana Wells Thank you! The desk was a thrift store find. The top will need to be repaired but otherwise it is a solid wood piece. We are starting with a clean slate. I think we are going to put the dark chocolate leather furniture in this room but other than that we could go any direction.

• Doug Raymond Doug Raymond on May 09, 2014
    Gray is the new tan as far as neutrals go right now. I would go with a medium (not light but not dark) taupish-gray to keep some light but also make it easy to watch tv, games, etc. You can always add more lighting to brighten it when you need to also.

• @Doug Raymond Thank you! This is the direction I'm leaning toward. The BM Old Salem Gray posted by @Pat Asquith above is sort of what I'm looking at.