Mixing bold colors

+3
My living room furniture is mainly burgundy and beige tables and walls...my decorating style has been country and my colors are mostly burgundy, beige, mustard yellow and I have an accent wall that is green. My question is would a bright teal color on my coffee and end tables look too garish? I also bought brightly colored throw pillows to match the paint.
q mixing bold colors
I would use this to decoupage the front of my t.v stand
q mixing bold colors
These are the pillow covers, I bought 4 of them

This is my usual decor
q mixing bold colors
This is at Christmas, but it shows my colors
q mixing bold colors
q mixing bold colors
  • Suzette Suzette on Jan 05, 2018
    Hi Suzie, Teal would sure give your room a punch of color, but may look out of place. If you paint it teal, I would take a couple elements from your pillows, like the flowers and birds and paint them either down the middle or flowing over each end to incorporate all the colors, tying the whole room together!

What ever you decide, have fun!!

• Cindy Cindy on Jan 05, 2018
    I agree with Suzette. My advice is to use a couple colors that you will use in the room. The patterns you have already give more than enough colors to choose from. I love your choice for the front of your TV stand.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jan 05, 2018
    I would remove any solid mustard yellow decorations and paint them teal, or add teal touches to the mustard yellow. Teal is my favorite color. ☺️

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jan 05, 2018
    I like to keep most of my furniture more neutral if I use lots of color in my accessories, but it is your home and you should do what you like and what makes you happy when you are there.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 05, 2018
    I would just make sure the teal I select isn't too bright a shade and that it goes with your green wall. That said its time to use an online color chart and get some sample chips to see what goes. https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6769-maxi-teal#/6767/?s=similarColors&p=PS0

• SusieJen SusieJen on Jan 05, 2018
    Thanks everyone! I think I will just do it and hope for the best! Afterall, if I don't like it, it's just some paint :)