Tips on painting over wallpaper, paper & plastic?

+1
  • Sharon Sharon on Dec 25, 2017
    As a professional wallpaperer, I would never paint over wallpaper cause its frequently the reason people call me for help cause its bubbled, the edges lifted and looks horrible. And I charge triple the price to remove it cause its a major pain in the butt to remove.

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Dec 25, 2017
    The secret to painting over wallpaper would be to gently sand the wallpaper so that the primer and paint will adhere to it better. Then use primer for oil based paint and let it dry at least 24 hours. Last, apply your oil based paint, let dry, and apply a second coat. It is when people use a water-based paint on wallpaper that bubbles appear.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 26, 2017
    Please don't! Take the time to do it correctly and remove the wallpaper, etc. As glue ages, it can loses the ability to adhere and will come loose. Then you have to do what should have been done in the first place. You can also tell if you've painted over wallpaper and it looks ugly.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 26, 2017
    It might be possible but not really advisable............