What stain is best for a patio in the Texas heat?

• Kristin Kristin on Jun 22, 2017
    I heard PPG timeless was pretty good, I live in Texas as well. A few of my friends with decks ha e used this and have had no issues.

• RMLASHUA RMLASHUA on Jun 22, 2017
    Thanks, we haven't tried that brand.

• Carbley Carbley on Jun 24, 2017
    I stained decks, mostly with a faux rock look for 15 years in the Austin area. If it is reasonably new concrete you should spray on an acid-based stain (from a decorative concrete supply store) first. Then you can apply an acrylic or latex based stain. Stains enter the pores of the concrete and last longer. Paint that forms a solid film over the concrete will peel and/or flake off as moisture from beneath releases its hold. You can just water down (really watery!) your latex paint (plain old flat latex outdoor paint) and spray or roll it on. Test before you apply. It should be watery enough that it doesn't sit on TOP of the concrete - it must sink in. Note: brown latex paint watered down is "pink"! Get real acrylic concrete stain for brown!