How do I paint a large plastic frame?

+5
  • John Palmer John Palmer on Oct 22, 2018

Fusion brand spray paint works really well on plastic.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Oct 22, 2018

Krylon and Rustoleum both make a spray paint formulated for plastic. I've used both with good results.

• Betsy Betsy on Oct 27, 2018

Hi Kci: I'd use one of the spray paints used for plastics. You don't need to use a primer, unless the frame is dark and you want to go lighter. Depending on the size of the frame, get 4 or 6, or how ever many blocks of wood you need to lift the frame off of your surface. Then, pound nails into these blocks of wood, leaving about 1" sticking up. Lay down newspaper and put the frame on the paper. Then, lift up an edge of the frame and slide a block of wood, nail side up, under the frame, all the way around. This will lift the frame up and allow you to paint right to the edges without having to pick paper off of the edges when it dries. Hate that! This works when you are painting anything that needs the edges painted, like doors, etc. I say 'etc', because I can't think of anything else, but maybe you can:) Good luck

• Heather Olinde Heather Olinde on Oct 28, 2018

Chalk paint adheres well to plastic. It may be easier to use a chalk spray paint for a frame. I like the Rustoleum Chalked.