Scheduling home improvements.

+3
I plan to refinish my wood floors and paint my entire home. Should I paint first to avoid the dust from sanding covering the walls or sand first?

• Ken Ken on Dec 15, 2017
    Walls first.

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 15, 2017
    Hi Karen. I would probably paint first. You can always vacuum up the sanding dust. Then you don't have to worry about getting any paint on newly sanded floors.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 15, 2017
    walls and then cabinets followed by floors

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 15, 2017
    Most of the home improvement show I watch... sand and refinish the floors, let them dry completely, then cover them with the heavy paper, and then paint.

• William William on Dec 15, 2017
    With any remodel floors are always last. You don't want to damage finished floors during a remodel.

• Cristine Schwartzberg Cristine Schwartzberg on Dec 15, 2017
    In general, you want to work from the top down and let one finish cure before starting the next project. So that means, paint the walls first, let the paint set for a period then finish the floors. The setting period should be listed on the paint can. I usually let things set for the double the time on the can. Part of that reason is that I can only get so much done in a day and I usually only have one day without my toddler. She likes to help.