What is the best paint for white kitchen cabinets?

+6
I am trying to get answers concerning general products that will produce the best possible white kitchen cabinets. One source says milk paint with poly topcoat and another says use a conversion varnish. Can you help answer my question or suggest a reliable retailer who can? Thank you in advance.
Dave Soper
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Aug 03, 2016
    As long as you prep the cabinets the correct way any paint will work for you.Sand the cabinets down, wash allow to dry and prime.Then choose your paint allow to dry again and put a non-yellowing sealer on them.

• William William on Aug 03, 2016
    Janet is right! Prep is the key! Wash them down, lightly sand to remove any gloss. Prime with Kilz or BIN. then paint with you color.

• Ronald Holt Ronald Holt on Aug 04, 2016
      I agree with William 100 percent. I just finished mine and I used Valspar Signature semi gloss. They look fantastic.

• Marie Revak Yelle Marie Revak Yelle on Aug 03, 2016
    Benjamin Moore Advance applied with a sponge roller. It is specifically made for cabinets. It is self-leveling and leaves no brush/roller marks. You still have to prep but the finish is like a factory finish.

• Dave Soper Dave Soper on Aug 03, 2016
    I am making new kitchen cabinets that I want to be white. So far my plan is to use General's Milk Paint and a Crystalac topcoat. I plan to spray that through an Apollo stage 3 turbine sprayer. Will this work?

• April Tanner April Tanner on Aug 04, 2016
    Super paint by Sherwin Williams! Painted mine 6 years ago and they look like I did it yesterday!

• Susan Dickerson Susan Dickerson on Aug 04, 2016
    Concur with Marie - Benjamin Moore Advance with self leveling. Even if you use a brush, the brush marks levels away as it dries and the finish is smooth. Benjamin Moore staff helped me pick out the paint color and recommended not putting any kind of sealer.

• Dou7980265 Dou7980265 on Aug 04, 2016
    Just finished mine- no sanding for me! Use Annie Sloane paint. Now just need white countertops.

• Frostie Moma Frostie Moma on Aug 06, 2016
    Benjamin Moore Advance paint is a furniture quality lacquer that self-levels. I used the color cotton balls which is an off-white that speaks "farmhouse" to me. I suggest using pink velvet rollers for an even smoother application. Do use primer but a top coat is not necessary. Have fun! You will be SO glad you painted your cabinets white.