What type of paint can I paint a gold looking trophy?

  6 answers
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Aug 01, 2017

    Rustoleum 2X spray paint for metal

  • Sunny C Sunny C on Aug 01, 2017

    Hello Alberta; I have had excellent luck using Rub and Buff gold finish on Trophys. It is a Lovely finish on most anything!!!

    I hope that this helps you!!! Take Care!

    • Alberta Pearson Harris Alberta Pearson Harris on Aug 02, 2017

      this was a drum majorette trophy I got in high school After marriage my children knocked it off and broke the hand, leg and arm off. I had it fixed and the weld shows on it. how can i get this covered to match the gold look on it.

  • Deborah Harbin Deborah Harbin on Aug 01, 2017

    Chalk paint

  • Sunny C Sunny C on Aug 02, 2017

    Hello Alberta; I am so sorry that your Trophy was damaged so badly!!

    That is why I suggested to use the Rub and Buff.

    I have used it on Trophy's. However, I was not exactly matching the gold finish. I was instead embellishing it.

    In your case, I would use Rust-Oleum Specialty Gold Spray Paint.

    It is available at Lowes.

    I think that you will have to completely repaint the entire Majorette figurine, as the paint will probably not be a spot on match!!!

    If you wish, You could also contact a business that makes Trophy's.

    They might have different ideas than I do about how to go about redoing the piece.

    I hope that your Trophy turns out to be Beautiful!!! Take Care!

  • Alberta Pearson Harris Alberta Pearson Harris on Aug 03, 2017

    Thank you so much for taking the time to help me try to figure this out. I appreciate it.