Can you plug pin holes in a kitchen tap with JB Weld products?

~ lesa
by ~ lesa
Anyone know about this?
  6 answers
  • Jill Feigelman Jill Feigelman on Oct 30, 2014
    You could look up the product JB Weld 8277 WaterWeld Underwater.
  • ~ lesa ~ lesa on Oct 30, 2014
    Thank you Jill I am going to give it a shot.
  • No, its not going to work. Might for a short while, but risking it failing when you not around and having a flood. New faucets are not expensive. Much better solution to the problem.
  • Slgibbs1 Slgibbs1 on Oct 31, 2014
    /////////i had the same problem more than once. Sadly, the pressure makes them keep getting bigger. You need to buy a new faucet. I've found that it pays to upgrade a little in the faucet. Cheap ones don't last long.. I had a rug shampooer that hooked to the faucet and the pressure blew 2 faucets in 10 years, so I got rid of the shampooer
  • Myra Myra on Oct 31, 2014
    I patched a small hole in my stainless steel sink with JB Weld. Not sure about the tap though.
  • ~ lesa ~ lesa on Oct 31, 2014
    Thank you all for your comments and recommendations. I am throwing caution to the wind and going to make an attempt at this quick fix before I replace the entire faucet, or the part itself that is the spout on the fixture due to the small pin holes. I think it is safe to assume that the water pressure will be my bane, but I love a challenge.