How do you clear a plugged freezer drain tube.

+2
Fridge keeps filling with water on shelves and on the bottom, I suspect it's from the freezer defrosting

• Beth Beth on Dec 26, 2017
    I had the same issue, it's the drain on the inside of the fridge section.mine has a tray to catch water and there is a small drain at the centre. I just emptied the shelf in front and wiped out the tray and found the drain blocked with a celery leaf. I got a bamboo kebab stick and pulled out as much possible.The bamboo is flexable to get into the drain and doesn't scratch the fridge.Then I poured a small amount of warm water into the drain and tray to make sure it was clear.Now I check it weekly.

• Maggie Passaro Maggie Passaro on Dec 26, 2017
    find the opening to your drain tube, and using a Turkey Baster , fill the baster with very hot water and start squirting it into the drain opening. It's a slow process , and you need to keep and eye on the drip tray in the bottom / behind fridge that is the evaporation tray. For prevention the next time, be careful about food crumbs, that build up in the drain tube , and check the fridge for being level. I found mine was not , nd the corner opposite to drain opening was lower so it defrost was running to opposite side, and then freezing up until it clogged drain. Hope this helps.

• Barb Barb on Dec 26, 2017
    Maggie right

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 27, 2017
    Use a plumbing snake to clear out the drain hole, and then clean it with about 1 teaspoon of baking soda, followed by 2 cups of warm water from a basting syringe.