Asked on Dec 19, 2014

Where is the motor located for this Jacuzzi whirlpool tub?

Cornelia Schott
by Cornelia Schott
The plumber needs access to our jacuzzi whirlpool tub to replace the motor and pump. Since the previous owner did not create an access panel, can someone tell me where the motor is located? We need to remove tile and possibly put a hole in the wall so he can fix the tub. He did say the motor is located at the back of the tub. Can anyone shed some light on where we need to remove tile. Thanks
Jacuzzi tub with 4 jets
Plumber said the motor will be at the rear of the tub or the right hand side of the wall.
  9 answers
  • R.V.R. Farris R.V.R. Farris on Dec 19, 2014
    The access panel for our Jacuzzi tub in our last house was in an adjacent closet. The closet shared a wall with the bath area. What is on either side of your tub?
    • See 3 previous
    • Laura Laura on Nov 16, 2020

      I replied below. I have the same problem with my jacuzzi tub. Did u find out what’s needed to be done? My tub is on the right side when u walk in the faucets are closest to the entry way. Thanks!

  • Shari Shari on Dec 19, 2014
    I'm assuming the former owners didn't leave you the owner's manual? If you can figure out which model you have, you can often find the schematic drawings on the internet that will show the location of the motor and parts that need to be replaced (or maybe if you are lucky, all Jacuzzi tubs are made the same way). If the internet doesn't give you the specific info you need, I would contact Jacuzzi. They may be able help.
    • Cornelia Schott Cornelia Schott on Dec 19, 2014
      @Shari excellent. I did not think of this. The diagram shows where the motor is located.
  • Steven Richards Steven Richards on Dec 19, 2014
    I would bet the faucet is the same as your under sink and pussibly using hoses instead of hard pipe. Use a spanner wrench and remove the tub drain and thin cable or guitar string to cut the caulking from around the tub allowing you to lift it straight up from the cabinet. Make sure to disconnect the over flow as well.
  • Suzanne Borges Suzanne Borges on Dec 20, 2014
    I agree that finding a manufacturer's schematic online makes the most sense. Logically, the motor will be away from the plumbing, therefore on your right side. What you have is a code violation either way. My husband (a retired contractor) says an access panel was probably framed in on the right wall side. Is that a closet wall? Sometimes drywall workers will ignore the panel framing and sheetrock right over it. The building inspector should have caught that. Now it will make more sense to cut into the side wall to get access first to avoid damaging any tile at all. If that is access, you can create a panel and disguise it with decorative millwork and paneling.
    • See 1 previous
    • Laura Laura on Nov 16, 2020

      If the panel is in the closet what does it look like lol?

  • 918210 918210 on Dec 20, 2014
    Cut a hole in the drywall on the back side of the rear wall. Much easier to fix than re-tiling. If your plumber wasn't capable to figure this out, I'd go with someone who was.
  • Is it on the ground floor and is there a crawl space. I can't imagine a plumber worth his salt couldn't have made all of these suggestions.
  • JESS JESS on Dec 20, 2014
    Any blueprints on file with the City? The previous owner would have had to have a permits for the construction, and typically they would require blue prints for the plumbing and electrical permits. Personally, that would be my first step. OR contact
  • Laurey Hoxsey Moles Laurey Hoxsey Moles on Jan 25, 2015
    Hello. I am having a similar problem with this model. I've been searching for the actual make/model so I can find a manual and /or the schematics. Has anybody had any luck with these documents or identifying info?
  • Leonna Leonna on Oct 26, 2016
    I had one, the front panel came off to expose motor, etc