My diswasher keeps filling with water and not drainning properly HELP

+7
  • Ed_32018529 Ed_32018529 on Dec 20, 2017
    Check your drain under the sink for buildup of food etc. Make sure it is clean and your dishwasher should drain properly.

check your drain under the kitchen sink to make sure it is clear of food or buildup of drainage. when clear, your dishwasher should drain properly.
    Answer this Hometalker's question!

• Dee32140522 Dee32140522 on Dec 20, 2017
      I will check the pipe under the sink and hopefully that will fix the problem. Thanks.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 20, 2017
    There are lots of videos on YouTube.... here's one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5SuYUnX0ZY they also have videos by brand of dishwasher

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 20, 2017
    I had my disposal go bad and the dishwasher didn't drain properly since the disposal didn't drain properly. Another time I had a clog way down in my pipes so that my kitchen sink took forever to empty and the dishwasher didn't fully drain. Check to make sure that the disposal is always empty before you run the dishwasher. If you leave food on the dishes and pans you put in the dishwasher, you could have had some food or something lodged in the tubing that is stopping it from draining properly.

• See 1 previous
    • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 21, 2017
      New dishwashers are definitely different creatures. I replaced mine a couple of years ago when we replaced all the appliances in the house. Not sure if I like them, definitely hard to figure out and don't seem to have the choices you used to have. They are even harder to put bowls and smaller things in and not have them fall over. I have a hard time putting as much in their than I used to with the old one.

• Darlene Couch Darlene Couch on Dec 20, 2017
    the drain hose on your washer is not connected to your garbage disposal. You have to kno’clock out the hole in the garage disposal. It comes plugged up because some people don’t have dishwashers

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 21, 2017
    at the bottom of the dish washer .. is there a trap for food particles?... have you cleared that?