My electric dryer isn't getting hot. What can be done

+1
  • SandyG SandyG on Dec 22, 2017
    Open your dryer's cabinet and locate the heating element so that you can test it. Another possible cause for a dryer not heating up could be attributed to a faulty thermal fuse. Once a dryer's thermal fuse has blown, it is no longer of any use. If your dryer's fuse is blown, you will have to replace it.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 22, 2017
    I always check the manual, commonly they are online or call 1-800 for support and troubleshooting.

• Caseyem11 Caseyem11 on Dec 22, 2017
    My dryer stopped heating up due to a dryer sheet stuck in front of the sensor.

• Pat Grosse Pat Grosse on Dec 24, 2017
    My old dryer was do this before I bought the new one. The previous owner left her dryer of 30+ years when we bought the house. It was taking close to 3 hours to dry jeans. The delivery guy checked my dryer ductwork and found gobs of old lint in the dryer ducts. I had a special brush I used and cleaned it out. He installed the new one and we've had a couple of times when lint was a problem but no 3 hours of drying time for jeans. You might want to check your dryer ductwork. If the dryer isn't getting hot the clogged ductwork might be a culprit. If your dryer is electric then have a professional appliance repairman check it out for your own safety. Most major appliance companies have 800 numbers and you can call to have them troubleshoot the problem an give you an idea what is wrong.