The "key" to turn on my gas fireplace broke, who do I call?

by Nanz
Do I call a plumber to fix the key to turn on a gas fireplace?
  4 answers
  • William William on Dec 08, 2016

    Do you mean the handle on the gas supply valve? A photo would help.

    • See 1 previous
    • William William on Dec 09, 2016

      Call a fireplace distributor or fireplace shop. They have the knowledge, experience, and service personnel.

  • Candy Bunnell Ferren Candy Bunnell Ferren on Dec 11, 2016

    You might be able to get a key at Home Depot...or Lowes check online to see if they carry them...

    • Nanz Nanz on Dec 11, 2016

      I guess I didn't explain clearly enough, the key is fine,but whatever it is supposed to connect to is not lining up correctly with the key. Who can fix that connection? Tile,etc will have to be removed to get access

  • Jeff Brennan Jeff Brennan on Nov 27, 2019
    I have the same issue
  • Jeff Brennan Jeff Brennan on Nov 27, 2019

    The key is universal and it used to work but more the key is not lining up to lock on male part of valve to turn it