What kind of oil do I use with a snow blower?

+3

• Peter Peter on Dec 23, 2017
    The crankcase would use standard engine oil (NOT 2 cycle oil to mix with gas)... A synthetic oil would probably be overkill... a 'natural' oil with Low viscosity (Cold weather performance) like 5w-30... see what's available and ask at the counter... most CAR Part suppliers Know their stuff (walmart clerks are less informed)

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 23, 2017
    It is a question for someone that deals with snow blowers for the best suggestion.

• Diane Kirsch Diane Kirsch on Dec 23, 2017
    google it! check YOUR manufacturer's website...plug in your make and model and you can read the manual online.. don't trust anything else!!

• Bijous Bijous on Dec 23, 2017
    Peter is correct. You need a light weight oil that's used in chain saws and other power tools. Your local hardware store can help you out.

• William William on Dec 23, 2017
    I agree with Peter. Regular 5W-30 motor oil is a standard. If its a 2 cycle engine oil needs to be mixed with the gas. Use 2 cycle engine oil. Amount is based on your model.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 23, 2017
    Is a two cycle engine or a four cycle engine