How do I get a hard wearing, good looking finish on rubber?

+3
I'm moving to a house in which the edges between the floor and walls has a rubber moulding rather than wooden skirting boards. How do I make this look good?
Thank you 😊

• 71729639726 71729639726 on Dec 27, 2017
    Try some tire dressing. It is also has UV protection . It will clean and give it a shiny finish.

• Kay Kay on Dec 27, 2017
    I've seen that used in very old mobile homes before. Don't expect rubber trim molding to ever look like anything other that rubber trim molding, no matter what you do to it! Just clean it up as best as you can, and set aside a little money every month in a jar labeled 'wood trim' . You can buy a very simple wood trim baseboard for little money. You can paint it or stain it. Borrow a chop saw from your buddy up the street, this will make fast work of the mitered corners. Ask same buddy to help you. It's a fast project, just do it one room at a time. I'm jus sayin...

• Rac32123653 Rac32123653 on Dec 27, 2017
      Thank you. I was hoping there was an easier way, but know you're right. I'll get saving 😊

• Joanne Joanne on Dec 27, 2017
    depending on the with you will need. you can purchase plain boards 1x4 inch wide, cut to the length, butt the edges together easy no special skills needed, no fancy trim needed. Stain or paint as you like looks great. I would never buy trim pieces again. They are using them in new housing as well no mitering required.

• Rac32123653 Rac32123653 on Dec 28, 2017
    Thank you 😊