How to fix a gaping gash in wall

Caused by improper removal of adhesive sticky 'hooks' ? There's a round 'gash' on wall about 4 in. big. Paint and part of drywall looks to be missing, how can I fix this before painting over it? Thanks!

  4 answers
  • Ifixstuff Ifixstuff on Dec 27, 2017
    Buy a small container of ready-made wall spackle and a trowel that is larger than the defect. Put on SMALL and THIN layers at a time and let dry in-between each layer. You won't even have to sand. Might take about three or four layers. Then, when the defect is filled and flat to the adjacent wall surface, swipe lightly with a damp sponge to give "texture" to the patch. Then prime and paint.

    • Vondie Vondie on Dec 28, 2017
      Thank You for answering! I'm going to try the method you suggested and I hope to never see, or use those knock-off brand plastic hooks, they aren't the Command brand. :-(
      Happy New Year to you and everyone who helped me out here!

  • Sharon Sharon on Dec 27, 2017
    In other words you have a 4" hole?

  • Vondie Vondie on Dec 28, 2017
    I'm kind of new here but want to thank you both for your answers!
    Science_teacher, I'm sure your answer will do the trick and thank you so much! Will let you know when it's repaired. :-)

  • Char Aaron Char Aaron on Dec 28, 2017
    Dry wall repair different products have varying colors..white is not the same as you'd think !light coats of repair let dry sand lightly until desired finish then paint to desired wall match.take care good luck happy new year

    • Vondie Vondie on Dec 28, 2017
      Thanks! I need all the help I can get! Appreciate you taking time to answer. Going to home improvement store tomorrow & will get dry wall repair product. Already have primer & paint on standby.
      Happy New Year to you, too!