I want to remove the wallpaper in my 1985 motorhome. What should I do

+3
  • CK CK on Jan 02, 2018
    If your wallpaper is still adhered well to the walls and there are no rips or tears, you can clean it, prime it and paint it. I did this with wallpaper that was over paneling and it looked quite nice without all the work of removing it.

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Jan 02, 2018
    Painting your wallpaper is a good idea; However be sure to use oil based primer and paint since water-based paint could cause your wallpaper to bubble.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jan 02, 2018
    I was actually thinking along the same lines as CK, especially because your walls probably aren't actual dry wall and you could run into issues trying to remove it. If you are sure that there is dry wall behind the wallpaper, you could steam it off. If you are thinking about painting your walls, I came across an article that might interest you while I was trying to figure out what kind of walls you have. It looks like there are a few specific steps to take. Below is the link, if you're interested. Wishing you the best.

• Hbr31333664 Hbr31333664 on Jan 02, 2018
    I personallay haven't done it but have seen it on tv. If you don't want to use chemicals use fabric softener and water solution and use putty knife to scrape. Both metal and plastic are out there.

• Lit30843124 Lit30843124 on Jan 03, 2018
    Use a steamer to get it of ,as it will loosen up the old glue. or try water strip pant.