How to get the wallpaper backing off the walls?

+3
  • Robin Ryan Robin Ryan on Jan 02, 2018
    Get a bucket of hot water.....big sponge, wet section of wall ....let soak in about 5 minutes...go over again with water...then gently peel off with a spatula as your aid... most of it will peel off in large sections if it is well soaked beforehand. EASY

• And21349368 And21349368 on Jan 02, 2018
    use jif

• Wedosantas Wedosantas on Jan 02, 2018
    Get a spray bottle of warm soapy water. Spray about 3 foot by 3 foot section a time soak good Let IT stand soak the next area go back to the first area and start peeling it off it should lift right off if it's wet enough with the warm soapy water. Good luck. I was a wallpaper hanger, and I hated that part of the job.

• Dawn Palmer Dawn Palmer on Jan 02, 2018
    I have had to remove wallpaper and when the backing remains it is easy to remove by spraying on very hot water, letting it soak, then scraping it off with a trowel. Nothing else is required, not even soap. Real easy.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 02, 2018
    I use fabric softner, hot water, a car sponge, wet an area, let sit 20 mins and scrape off with 6" drywall knife. If its still stuck, rewet again. I also encase the floor in plastic tarps from baseboards down, put a layer of thick newspapers down along wall to absorb run off. Hold a basin under the sponge to catch most of the run off. I just buy the cheap Dollar Tree fabric softner.

• Gracie Gracie on Jan 02, 2018
    Hot water and fabric softener. Spray on and let it sit. It's messy but it works.