Paneling in mobile home

I rent a very old mobile home 🏡. Since I rent what ever I change I have to be able to put back the way it was when I moved in. Well yes the paneling in some of the rooms is starting to pull away from the walls. It looks really bad. Anybody have an easy cheap way to repair this. I need help. Thanks and Happy New Year to All. I love ❤️ hometalk.

  9 answers
  • Marilla Waltrip Monroe Marilla Waltrip Monroe on Dec 31, 2017
    Have the landlord in to look at it. He may be willing to repair it in your taste.

  • Jeanette S Jeanette S on Dec 31, 2017
    It sounds like your paneling is glued on. Have you tried liquid nails to reattach.

    • Patti Patti on Dec 31, 2017
      So far I haven't tried anything. But I do like your reply. Thank You.

  • Patti Patti on Dec 31, 2017
    So if you repair the walls you need to “UNrepair“them when you leave🙄🤔
    This sounds like a structural issue (not a decorative issue) to me and the landlord needs to fix it ~ or at least pay for the supplies & labor to have it REPAIRED.

    • Patti Patti on Dec 31, 2017
      Thank You yes think I need to contact the landlord.

  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 31, 2017
    I would check with the landlord before you do anything and ask if it is ok to reglue the paneling. The landlord may want to do it, or have the handyman do it or may let you do it. If you do it, maybe the landlord will supply what you need. You don't want to do anything that will get you in trouble with the owner or whoever. Who knows, if it is bad enough, maybe they will replace it!

    • Patti Patti on Dec 31, 2017
      Thank You I will give the landlord a call. See what he has to say.

  • 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 31, 2017
    If the panelling is coming away from the walls, this is structural and you should not be responsible for it. Contact your landlord. It is his responsibility to fix it. Document everything by taking pictures and notes when you contact him. Organize your thoughts, be concise when you talk.

    • Patti Patti on Dec 31, 2017
      Thanks I already took some pics. The landlord can be a little tough. But you are right.

  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 31, 2017
    Brad nails may help, they are small and hard to see, but may fix the paneling back to the studs. I do agree with contacting your landlord, though, that sounds like a problem they should repair

  • Mogie Mogie on Dec 31, 2017
    The landlord should fix walls or paneling that is starting to fall.

  • Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jan 01, 2018
    You said you are renting, so you might want to call the landlord and bring it to his attention before you do anything. And if he says you can try to fix it, be sure and confirm that in a text to him.

    • Patti Patti on Jan 01, 2018
      Thank You. That's what most of the answers were. I will do this before touching anythin.