What's the best way to insulate a room with poor insulation?

+3
My kids' rooms are the coldest in the house. To re-insulate them would require taking down all the sheet rock and putting in new insulation which is not possible. Other than putting plastic over their windows, are there any other options?

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Jan 03, 2018
    is there any insulation at all? you could consider blown in insulation,they’d drill a couple of holes in the wall to insert the hoses rather remove the drywall

• Michelle Gill-Martinez Michelle Gill-Martinez on Jan 03, 2018
    I did ask my contractor about that at one time and he said that it doesn't always going in evenly because of the studs between the sheetrock. May need to ask someone else who does this professionally perhaps. :) Thx

• Joanna Smith Joanna Smith on Jan 03, 2018
    Heavy fabric for wallpaper, and wall to wall carpeting.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 04, 2018
    Some fabric on the wall can function both as decor and insulation

• Ginger Ginger on Jan 04, 2018
    Years ago they used cork or carpet to insulate and soundproof rooms especially in basements. I wonder if foamboard would work? You could take mattress pads covered with fabric of choice and attach with strips of wood top, bottom, and sides to walls. If you used jeans, leave the pockets for storage. Over windows, padded Roman shades. Just some random ideas. Good luck.