How do i replace a wall socket

+2
  • Mari Paquette Mari Paquette on Dec 30, 2017
    Try looking it up on youtube.

• Eleanor Korf Eleanor Korf on Dec 30, 2017
    Mari Paquette has given you good advice, but I will also emphasize that before you do anything with the socket you have to make CERTAIN that there is no electricity going to the socket. Your electrical panel may have labels that will tell you which switch to turn off, but If you have ANY doubts call an electrician because you don't want to get hurt.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 30, 2017
    I agree with Eleanor. Not only do you not want to get hurt, you also don't want to start a fire. That's why I didn't answer you earlier because even with a youtube video, if you don't know what you're doing, it can be dangerous. I believe we are here to help with general questions but with something as dangerous as electricity, I was hoping that someone with more experience would answer you. If you decide to move forward after finding a youtube video and turning off the power, please don't continue if there are ANY differences between what you find and what you saw in the video. Hopefully that won't happen but we don't know how old your home is and some older homes still have knob & tube wiring which hasn't been done since the 1930's. My daughter & her hubby bought a home that had this and they HAD to get an electrician to change it. That's another reason for my caution in answering you. I never want to give a quick answer to someone that might be dangerous. Wishing you the best & Happy New Year.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 30, 2017
    Turn off the power to the outlet, remove the old one and install the new one. . It's pretty easy, and if you're a little nervous about doing it on your own, here is a tutorial https://www.google.com/search?q=installing+an+outlet+tutorial&oq=installing+an+outlet+tutorial&aqs=chrome..69i57.5909j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile

• William William on Dec 30, 2017
    Mari and Eleanor are very helpful.

More vieos if you click on the link.